10 Ways I Found that Jesus’ Birth was Announced…
1. Many prophesies. Here are 2 examples;
*Matthew 1:22-23, Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6 Now all this took place so that what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet would be fulfilled; “Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they shall name Him Immanuel, “which translated means, “God with us.” …. “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and she will name Him Immanuel.”…. “For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us, And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”
*Matthew 2:6, Micah 5:2 “And you, Bethlehem, land of Judah, are by no means least among the leaders of Judah; for from you will come forth a Ruler who will shepherd My people Israel.”… “But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah,
From you, One will come forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His times of coming forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.”
2. The angel Gabriel visited Mary in person to announce Jesus’ birth. Luke 1:26-38
Angelic visitation to the mom.
3. An angel appears to Joseph in a dream to announce Jesus’ birth. Matthew 1.
Appeared in a dream to the step-dad.
4. Her relative Elizabeth prophesies to Mary. Luke 1:39-45
Woman to woman in private.
5. Angels announce Jesus’ birth to the shepherds. Luke 2:8-20
Announced to the poor and lowly of that time. (Lower class)
6. Shephards tell the people. Luke 2:17-18
Everyday voices sharing the good news.
7. Simeon in the temple announced Jesus. Luke 2:25-35
Elderly man led of the Spirit.
8. Anna in the temple announced Jesus. Luke 2:36-38
Aged woman devoted to God.
9. Creation (the star) announced Jesus birth. Matthew 2:1-6
I love this.
10. Magi (the Kings) announced the Kings birth to Herod. Matthew 2:1-9
Wise and rich men. (Upperclass)
I was so impressed with this list of birth announcements…
the announcers include; the young, the old, the rich, the poor,
the supernatural, the human, the Word, the dream,
in public, in private and even creation itself.