Welcome to this mama squirrel page designed for inspiration, encouragement, ideas, prayers and helps from a mama of 9 kids whose life is wild, crazy and far from perfect…
- Only God could take some of my life’s happenings and turn them into a resource for other mamas.
- Only God could pull together all of my loose, frayed ends and pieces and put them back together for someone else’s gleaning.
- Only God could use the experiences of my journey to boost another mama along on hers.
- Only God consistently says, “Oh, yes, you can!” When I am saying, “Oh, no, I can’t.”
- Only God knows my heart to encourage other mamas by sharing some of my life’s stories; my strengths and my weaknesses, my successes and my failures, my hits and my misses, my victories and my blotches.
Welcome to ‘Bout Dem Kids
- It is no mistake that our children live in this world, in this nation, in this town, on this street, in this home, with this mom and this dad. God Himself, has appointed our children’s times and established their boundaries. He has set our kids in the perfect place with the perfect-for-them family for such a time as this. Our children have been given everything they need in all their individual circumstances so that they will seek God.
He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God. Acts 17:26
- I take great comfort in the truth that Jesus follows my kids around and He has no problem walking right into their messes. Christ goes after my kids, even in the worst of places. He is faithful to meet my children right where they are at, and He isn’t afraid to let others know that He is “all about” my kid.
While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
- Jesus runs ahead of my kids and meets them at their crossroads. Jesus takes His stand at that every intersection and He calls out to my kids, pointing to the way of righteousness, beckoning them to come.
Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? At the highest point along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gate leading into the city, at the entrance, she cries aloud: “To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind.” Proverbs 8:1-4
- If your children have a believing parent they are already sanctified (set apart unto God). What a beautiful thought that God has a special anointing on the children of His servants!
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
1 Corinthians 7:14
- Jesus leaves the ninety-nine and goes out searching for my kid. Jesus seeks after my child with the intention of bringing him/her back to the sheepfold. It brings the Lord greatest pleasure when my lost child is found, and Jesus rejoices over one child restored to Him. It is NEVER God’s will that my child should perish.
What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.
- The Lord is God above all people, above all things, and above every situation. He is God, and He is able. We will not despair as we watch our children walk through various situations and struggle through poor choices. In those dark times, we will choose to lift our eyes to our Creator and exclaim with the prophet Jeremiah;
You are the Lord, the God of all flesh! Nothing is too difficult for you!
- Well, Lord, help to remember who You are. Every minute of every day You stay the same, you do not change. You are the smart, wise Creator, and You have a plan for every one of my babies. Give me the courage and wisdom and strength to commit these kids and all their happenings into Your capable hands.
Thus says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:“Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons,
And you shall commit to Me the work of My hands.
It is I who made the earth and created man upon it.
I stretched out the heavens with My hands
And I ordained all their host.”
- Lord, we have been rightly taught that “all” means “all.” And our families are no exception to that truth, right? You are the Sovereign God who has the ultimate place over “all”…everything…including our kids lives. You are the Supreme Ruler, and You are intimately acquainted with “all” of ours kids and “all” their ways. We are going to trust that truth today Lord. Oh, yes, we are.
The LORD has established His throne in the heavens, And His sovereignty rules over all. Psalm 103:19
- Wow Lord, here is another reason for me to have Holy Reverential fear of You!
You tell me in Your Word that if I fear (respect, honor, acknowledge, receive) Your Name I will have a secure, stable, protective dwelling place.
If that weren’t enough… You go on to tell me that my fear of You will end up being a refuge, strong tower, and a protection for my kids! Wow!
Whoever fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for their children, it will be a refuge. Proverbs 14:26